Sunday, March 9, 2014

Dinner Daylight Savings

I just love daylight savings! Loosing that one hour feels like loosing the entire day. Ugh! 

I must say, it was so nice to be able to go out for dinner for my birthday a few days early last night and without Belle to boot. Yes, without my girl who I love more than life itself. Sometimes, no actually, all couples need "their time" together here or there, especially when the kiddos arrive. It doesn't make anyone a bad parent to want to spend quality time with the person who also helped create that miniature mini-you that's become your 24/7 life you're currently living. 

I used to feel guilty leaving my little girl with her Mema to have time out with Matt, but now, I welcome it. Plus spending time with Mema is something she needs in her life (Mema is the only other person that can watch Autumn aside from us).  I look forward to my time with my husband whose stereo system and funny jokes brings me back to where we started. 

I know that I often get so consumed in "all things Autumn" and he has been brushed aside, but to have those few moments of alone bliss, well it makes me realize how blessed I am and why I married this man in the first place. Like last night.

We stuffed our faces with tortilla chips and guacamole, had a few drinks (well I did), and drove around in the old Neon blasting Boregore and Skrillex. Oh what fun. Felt like we were teenagers again! 

"Hey look, here's a foodie!"

I just love those moments. I am sure many of you do. I know this post really isn't anything relevant to autism or Autumn, but how much I still enjoy her daddy after eleven plus years. I'm looking forward to our anniversary next month. Seven years married and I don't know what they mean by the "seven year itch" because I haven't needed to scratch yet and that's 100% truth.

So really nothing too fun or exciting to post today except that I am making some corned beef and cabbage for dinner. It smells invigorating. However, my mother in-law makes it the best (she is a great cook). Going to try to give Autumn some, but I highly doubt it that she will try a piece.

Also, over the course of the next few weeks I will be writing separate posts regarding Autumn, her progression and more things on the lines of Autism. Yes I am keeping things real by sharing my day-to-day thoughts, but the above will be included soon enough. We will be counting down to April 2nd as that's National Autism Awareness Day. I will have something special planned for that day. 

Until then, keep reading and relating. I hope that everyone has enjoyed their weekend. 

Here's to tomorrow.

Xoxo,

Trish 


No comments:

Post a Comment