Friday, March 7, 2014

The Season of The Sick

Well it turns out that little Belle has the norovirus, which explains why her bowel movements have been plentiful over the past few days. I just don't get this shit. How did she catch it? I keep the house almost as clean as one of those homes featured in "good housekeeping", plus I'm a bit of a germaphobe so this boggles me. Either it came in from one of her therapists toys or at the play place we went to last week, which was filthy and I couldn't wait to leave and wash my and her hands...ugh never again!

(A toxic butt smelling, disgruntled toddler who kept saying, "out", she also kept saying "T" bc the bench/table underneath was in the shape of a T behind her lol)

The only perk is now she's sleeping in the car and I can catch up on blogging and maybe an episode of Orange is the New Black. 

Like I said yesterday, I hate it when she's not feeling well. I feel helpless. I just want her bum to be back to normal. Her getting exposed to germs is bound to happen as she ages and boy does it suck. Every time she's exposed to kids or to a play place, she gets some sort of cold or virus. Ugh it seems never ending.

Now I have to plug her up with the BRAT diet in hopes it will help. I was also told to try rice milk to see if that helps. So once she's up, were back down at the store buying more supplies. 

On a positive note, I made my first ever gluten-free loaf bread. I had bought one of those premade mixes so it made it very simple for me to try and bake. I am also planning on making kale chips today as well. Anything to try and get her to eat different foods that are healthy. 
Here's a pic: 


Other than the above, not much else interesting to report except that Matt is taking me out to dinner for my upcoming birthday but who knows what will happen since the little miss needs to get back up to normal and I don't want her Mema to get sick, but she's been exposed already so we will most likely play it by ear.

It seems like this season has been rough on us all. Stomach flu, the real flu/bronchitis for Matt and now the norovirus. Plus this cold and the snow we've had. Yesterday it felt like summer and I was sweating yet it was only 30 degrees, 30 degrees and I was feel too warm to wear my coat or jacket. Crazy bird I am. Even today I forgot my coat and I feel fine. Gosh I long for spring: nice weather, less chance of being/feeling sick, getting out more to have fun...cuter clothes...can't wait. For now I'll try my best to be patient. 

Oh and here's a good homemade recipe for Pedialyte so you don't ever have to spend $4-$5.00 per bottle again: 

1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
2 teaspoons of orange jello mix
2-3 tablespoon of white granulated sugar or honey for older children 
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of boiling water
3 1/2 cups of cold water

Combine all of the sugar, salt, baking soda and jello then add the boiling water. Mix together, then add the cold water. Mix. Also adjust sugar to your liking. **The jello is for the taste but that can even be omitted. 

Xoxo,

Trish 




No comments:

Post a Comment